How does living at Martins Run compare to other retirement communities or staying in your current home? Very favorably! But don’t take our word for it – use the handy cost comparison worksheet we provide as well as the guidelines below:
This is how much you pay up front. It is usually called an entrance fee. Some communities add other fees up-front. They might have names like processing fee. Be sure you know all the up-front costs. Use our helpful checklist when doing a cost comparison.
- What is the fee and what services are included?
- How often and under what conditions can the fee be increased? By how much?
- What services aren't included, and how much do they cost?
- Does the community's health center participate in Medicare? (Most do, but ask just to be sure.)
- What other health insurance does the community require you to have?
- Once you have signed an agreement, can you get a refund? How much and under what conditions? What if you haven't moved in yet?
- After you have moved in, can you get your entrance fee back if you decide you want to leave the community? All of the fee or just part of it? Under what terms and conditions will it be refunded?
- Will any part of your fee be refunded as part of your estate? (At Martins Run, you have a choice. You can pay a nonrefundable entrance fee, or you can pay a larger entrance fee and 50%, 90% or 100% will be refunded to your estate.)
- Once you have signed an agreement, can the community terminate it? Under what conditions? What would that mean to you? Would you have to move, or would your fees be raised?
- If the community has the right to terminate the agreement, do you have the right? Under what conditions?
For more information or a personal consultation, call Lorraine at 610.353.7660 ext 226 or 800.327.3875.